End of Year Survey 2012
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
John and I decided together to start a diet and we actually made progress! I’ve said for years that I would start a diet and lose this extra weight and this year I finally did it! I still have a long way to go, but making progress has given me lots of confidence that I can keep it up into the next year
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Years resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not really, but my cousin just had her baby the other day.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries/cities did you visit?
No countries, cuz I’m poor, but on our move from Alaska to Kentucky, we visited many new cities. I saw Seattle for the first time as well as Spokane, WA where John has family.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 14, the school shooting in Connecticut. The second most deadly shooting in US history. Most of the deaths were children ages 5 and 6. So many innocents died that day and I won’t forget the heroic teacher who hid her students in cabinets and died protecting them from the gunman.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting and keeping up with my diet lost 25lbs so far!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Can’t really think of anything.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No injuries that I can think of, but I am currently quite sick. Been lasting a week already but thankfully I’m starting to feel better.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Easton! He is so freaking well behaved for a 21-month-old, it’s insane!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one really… O.o
14. Where did most of your money go?
Gas and food… We hardly ever have “fun” money
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Kentucky! I definitely missed Alaska summers this year, but I’m loving Kentucky winters!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Blown Away by Carrie Underwood. Only reason is is because I love the song and listen to it all the time
17. Compared to this time last year, are you…
- happier or sadder?
Happier I guess.
- thinner or fatter?
I’d say the same, but I weigh less :p
- richer or poorer?
More or less the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, cleaning (really!)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being lazy and watching TV
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spending the early morning with John’s parents, then driving to visit with my family for a few hours before heading an hour to John’s grandparent’s house for dinner. Last year we had dinner with my family, and we said we’d alternate years….
21. How will you be spending New Years?
Not sure, but John and I are hoping to host a get-together with a few of our friends in Kentucky.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Just about every day I fall in love with my husband :love:
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
There’s a few…. I really liked a few new shows, Perception, Once Upon a Time, Arrow and The Mob Doctor. Then there’s the old favorites of Bones, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I don’t hate many people.
26. What was the best book you read?
Well, the only books I read this year was the Hunger Games Trilogy and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer book. Hunger Games was definitely better :p
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Band Perry. But I think I knew of them last year…
28. What did you want and get?
an iMac computer! :D :D
29. What did you want and not get?
A new phone. But we are getting them in the Spring
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Probably The Avengers or Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2. Definitely making it hard to choose my favorite Twilight movie (favorite book is Eclipse and up til now it’s been my favorite movie as well….)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I honestly don’t remember. It was almost a year ago (January 10) and we were in Alaska. I think we just went out to eat with a few friends. And I was 26.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
John getting off work at 5 like he is supposed to. He rarely did this year at all
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Fashion concept? Good. Fashion execution? Poor. I usually wear my pajamas all day because I don’t go anywhere!
34. What kept you sane?
My son Easton. Although, he sometimes is what made me insane :p
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
As a lot of other women, I think Jeremy Renner from The Avengers… I mean, who doesn’t like a hunk who can shoot straight? :p :wink:
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The 2012 election… although, we didn’t even get to vote because I didn’t realize we needed absentee ballots for Wisconsin and John never told me until after the deadline…. :oops:
37. Who did you miss?
I really miss my Alaska/American Eagle friends
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Casey. It’s been very recently that we met, but we seem to have a lot in common and we get along well. And, she just married into the Army so I actually feel like I can help someone
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Patience. That’s it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Shatter every window til it’s all blown away
Every brick ever board, every slamming door blown away
Til there’s nothing left standing
Nothing left of yesterday
Every tear soaked whiskey memory blown away
Carrie again, I love this song, but it seems to relate to how I’ve been feeling all year. Wanting to change my life, my lifestyle, for the better. It has nothing to do with abuse or excessive drinking like the song does, but still.
41. Was 2012 a good year for you?
It was good.
42. What were your favorite moments of the year?
Whenever Easton laughed.
43. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Whenever Easton cried. lol
44. What was your favorite month of 2012?
As always, probably December. It’s when all the excitement happens, John’s birthday, our anniversary, Chrsitmas and New Year’s. This year we were able to come home as well, saw a friend’s wedding and got to spend time with family.
45. What was your favorite song from 2012?
I already answered that one :p
46. What was your favorite record from 2011?
I’m not really a record listening person anymore, since I haven’t really been able to afford an entire album.
47. How many concerts did you see in 2012?
48. Did you have a favorite concert in 2012?
I said, none!
49. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2012?
No, but I did get my first hangover during the summer!
50. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2011?
51. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
I don’t think so.
52. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2012?
“On my way” said by John almost every day when I text him asking if he’s gonna be home from work for dinner. Or, do I just have good timing? :p
53. Did you treat somebody badly in 2012?
I don’t think so.
54. Did somebody treat you badly in 2012?
55. How much money did you spend in 2012?
Well more than enough.
56. What was your proudest moment of 2012?
First time Easton said “Thank you”. He says it now all the time… such a well mannered boy!
57. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2012 and change something, what would it be?
Not sure of a specific moment, but I’d like to start on my diet earlier in the year.
58. What are your plans for 2013?
Keeping up with my diet, John is hopefully getting to be a recruiter, so if that happens we will *hopefully* be moving back into the hometown area :D We are also paying off a bunch of bills with tax refund money, so we will have extra each month that we plan to put into savings for times we want to go on a trip we don’t have to worry about not having the gas money!