Start of a Tradition?
I’ve seen a few of these around and decided I want to do my own little reflection on the past year. Maybe I’ll keep it up each year, maybe not. I guess we’ll see! I kept finding the same list of questions, so I just picked my favorites
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth! and the many awkward and unpleasant things that follow that… Let me tell you, I hope to not be doing that for a while…
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Honestly, I haven’t made resolutions since, like, middle school. I do usually have the same goal, of losing weight. So yeah, I guess I have that. I really hope to lose at least 60 lbs before getting pregnant again… currently I’m up to what I was just before giving birth to Easton, and I’d like to get back down to at least 200lbs before even trying for another one. My absolute goal would be to be 180lbs and stay there
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Besides me? Well, no, but I had 2 friends lose babies
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada. If you count flying over it
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Patience. Much more patience.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a mother.
8. Where did most of your money go?
Easton. Babies are expensive!
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Wisconsin to visit family. Then, coming back home.
10. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder. I just realized that I have no more friends up in Alaska, I’m not expecting a son in 2 months (as I was last year) and I’m just sick of winter and snow.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, but the same weight. I have no bulge from a baby, but still, the weight is there
c) richer or poorer? Neither really. I guess, richer in a way because the Army is giving us money to move, but poorer cuz we have more things to buy each grocery shopping day.
11. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading. Exercising. Baby research.
12. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelling. Sitting on my butt. Getting stressed out. Crying.
13. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with John, Easton and a couple friends invited for dinner.
14. Did you fall in love in 2011?
With my son, Easton.
15. What was your favorite TV program?
Hard to choose. I found a few new TV shows I like… 9 Lives of Chloe King, Separated at Birth, Terra Nova, Army Wives…
16. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hm… didn’t go see many movies because of being pregnant and then having a newborn to take care of… We did go out while we were home in WI, and really enjoyed watching Transformers in 3D. Also, Captain America in 3D was awesome and recently saw Breaking Dawn, Part 1 of the Twilight Saga. So excited for the second movie, only cuz I wanna see how they portray Bella as a vampire. I hope they do a better job than with any of the other movies, otherwise I’ll be very disappointed.
17. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 and I think we went to dinner? I honestly don’t remember as it was almost a year ago! (jan 10)
18. What kept you sane?
Working on my websites and fanlistings. :D
19. Who did you miss?
I missed and still miss miss my Grandfather on my mom’s side. Well, my Grandmother too, for that matter. My only two grandparents that aren’t alive anymore, they both died within 3 years of my marriage and first child… I still can’t believe they didn’t get to see me happy.
20. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Today I don’t feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don’t feel like picking up my phone
So leave a message at the tone
Cuz today I swear I’m not doing anything
Nothing at all.”
– Bruno Mars, “The Lazy Song”
(So so lazy, I am!)
Happy New Year to everyone, I hope everyone has had a great start and let’s hope things stay that way! (or get better!)